Recently, I was sent an invitation in the mail. I know that it was for me because it said for sophisticated dogs only.
The invitation also clearly stated that the party was “dress to impress”. If there is one thing I hate, it is to be underdressed or overdressed. Careful consideration was required. After searching through my wardrobe I came up with what I thought was an excellent black tie option.
Wink, Wink-Hello Ladies
I started to feel nervous as I waited for my ride to the party and decided that perhaps something a little less flashy might be more appropriate.
Its then that I realized that I already had the perfect accessory, my RUHA Collar.
I was contacted by RUHA to see if I was interested in trying out their custom leather dog collars. After a quick glimpse of what they had to offer, I just knew this was
the staple my wardrobe was missing something every dog would be interested in…
Of course I’d like to give them a try!
RUHA was kind enough to send me a collar to review and is offering a giveaway for one of our lucky readers!
RUHA-Dedicated to the Craft
RUHA Co-Founder Tom Rundberg and his brother Peter James have been manufacturing high quality custom leather goods for decades. You name it: Sandals, purses, belts, jackets – When it comes to leather, they have done it all! And they have been displaying and selling these hand crafted goods in their own stores for many years.
Enter Debbie Halferty-The HA of RUHA Leathers-She brought her background in design to Tom’s manufacturing operation and completed the RUHA team.
RUHA is a family owned company based out of Southern California, specializing in custom laser engraved leather products. Now, Tom and Debbie’s focus is on RUHA and their unique line of leather accessories.
That’s right, I said LASER ENGRAVED!
Pretty cool, right?
Currently RUHA offers 3 different products: leather dog collars, leather bag tags and leather key fobs.
You will be shocked to learn that I chose the dog collar!
On their website you will find a product builder where you can enter your own text and select various images to be engraved onto the leather.
You will even see a live preview so you can make changes as you wish!
Worried about making a mistake? Don’t be! RUHA guarantees that each order will be handled individually, and your text and graphic choices will be set to optimum size and placement.
A Brouhaha about RUHA-ha Collars
RUHA also offers completely custom designs. This means you can send them your own design or even photograph to be laser engraved onto their leather products!
Here’s the kicker…
- Are made in USA
- Are made of leather that is 100% full grain, vegetable tanned cowhide – eco-friendly!!
- Use nickel-plated metal hardware.
- Are durable and easily maintained.
Never get lost in the crowd…Literally
Each leather dog collar is permanently laser engraved with the chosen design, dog’s name and contact information. Noisy metal tags are a thing of the past (no early morning wake ups-woo hoo) because your information is engraved on the collar; guaranteed not to fall off. If you ever get separated from your human, this is the collar you want to have on!
- Aesthetics – I am a sophisticated dog. Since this collar came in the mail, I have been wearing it every day. In my opinion, my RUHA Collar is like owning a good suit, it doesn’t go out of style. While I am a sophisticated dog, I am also multi-dimensional and need to be flexible, easily moving between my many social engagements…children at the playground, a roll in the snow/grass, and celebrations with friends and family. I don’t have time to change between collars that are only fancy or only durable.
Lucky for me, my RUHA Collar is both. I can’t say enough about the beauty of my RUHA Collar. It’s red color is beautiful and bold; it really pops against my golden fur. I was able to customize my look with a design that was unique for me. I chose the Gatsby Design, clearly.
- Durability- I have been wearing this collar every day for over a month. Mom keeps saying she can’t believe how it looks brand-new still. (These pictures were from just the other day). I keep reminding Mom that I have impeccable taste and only pick out the highest quality products to review but I must admit that I am impressed with its durability. I have done a little bit of everything in this collar including but not limited to: rough play with my dog friends, aggressive napping, and daily walks (which may or may not include repeated rolls in the snow and grass).
- Customer Service-Mom took care of most of this. We used the easy Dog Collar Builder on the RUHA website to design my beautiful creation. I dictated and Mom typed and clicked accordingly (you know, fine motor dexterity is not a strength of mine). We thought that we had run out of room and abbreviated our street name and wouldn’t you know it, someone emailed Mom and asked what she wanted it to say. Now that is going the extra mile to ensure that we are getting the very best!
- Snooze-ability-I added this category because I consider myself a highly proficient napper. Sometimes uncomfortable tags can get in the way of an optimal nap.When I am chasing the squirrels (and catching all of them) in my sleep, the jingle of my tags can wake me up before I have gotten all of my beauty rest. I also love the fact that I can sneak up for an unsuspecting kiss or pet from my family!
- Ease of Use-Because I am sophisticated, I sit calmly for my collar to be attached. I know that it is important for my safety and well-being…not to mention my general “look”. Charlie on the other hand is such a wiggle worm and as a result, out of ease, Mom has decided to primarily buy dog collars that have quick release buckles. Mom had some trepidation that the collar had a standard buckle, but I am not Charlie and knew this would not be a problem. Mom had to put a little bit of elbow-grease into it when putting the buckle tongue through the leather for the first time. Luckily, she did not try to do this while it was around my neck. After the first time, it was secure, but could come on/off in a flash if needed.
Charlie-You can’t wear my discarded clothing to the party. You don’t even match!
Overall: I would recommend RUHA collars to anyone with a dog, sophisticated or silly. Not only are they durable, I have been wearing mine everyday for over a month and it still looks brand-new, but they are beautiful! There is no jingle of metal tags and all of my identification information is permanently engraved in the leather (in case my humans ever lose me). The collar is slightly more costly than a typical cloth or nylon collar (ranging between $28-$36), but you get what you pay for and will not be disappointed!
Interested in giving a RUHA collar a try?
Enter our GIVEAWAY below for a chance to win a custom collar of your choice!
We received a RUHA collar too and we love it!
We cannot believe how perfect it looks even after wearing it everyday for over a month!
I like the art deco one.
MR. N You would look stunning in it!
Oh my gosh, you look so cute in your formal wear!!! That collar looks pretty sweet, too! 😀
Lauren, Harley wants to know if that means one of the girls will be his date!?
I like the art deco or lucky collar.
I love the spike font!
OMD! I am so in love with the art deco collar! That is one of my favorite fonts!
It is really adorable right? Dogs not so bad lookin either! 🙂 Good luck!
I like the Princess font on a red collar.
Oh wow! I love that collar!!!!
Happy New Year!
ღ husky hugz ღ frum our pack at Love is being owned by a husky!
Happy New Year!! Thanks for stopping by and good luck!
I like the Art dEcco Version
We love the Art Deco style just like you got! Love your collar! And we have a Harley too! Our harley is a sheltie! Thanks for the Chsnce to win! Happy new year! Loved your outfit as well!
Thank you!! We know that both of our Harley’s would probably look fabulous in it!! Good luck!
Pretty sure I like the Art Deco style best too. Very classy!
Well, my 10 year old daughter would probably be picking -but I love the art deco one myself!
10 year olds know the most about fashion, Im sure your daughter would agree with me!! 🙂
I like the art deco one.
I like the “lucky” style in vintage white.
I would like the Spike collar best.
My dog would love the lucky collar in vintage white
I like the Vintage White colour with Princess lettering
I love the art deco & the spike one!!
Tracker would LOVE the Art Deco font in Red. <3
I like the art deco.
i love the art deco in red! My dog would look so stylish in these awesome collars(:
the art deco looks good to me
I think we would like the art deco one
I think my dog Miles would love the lucky collar in tan in x large
Cubby and I have decided on the art deco!
Goodness, those are beautiful! I love the art deco style.
That seems to be a popular one!!! Good Luck!
Would love to try one of these collars for my rescue dog Brody!
I like the art deco collar best. 🙂
Oh, I bet Brody would be the cutest in it!! 🙂
I’m a fan of the art deco style, but all are very attractive. Woof!
Sheba said “hubba hubba” to you all dressed up, Harley! We love these stylish collars and really want to try one. They all look so nice but we think we like the Art Deco style the best.
Sheba-Harley wants to know if that means that you will be his date!? I agree that they would both look stunning in their deco collars!
My Olivia is a princess so the princess one would be pawesome for her.
Yes, most definitely! I saw that pretty princess all dressed up on our New Years Eve Post!! Good Luck!
My dog would love the Lucky style collar in tan.
Beautiful collars! I think our soon to be golden would look great in a red Art Deco style collar.
Soon to be!!! That is exciting! Be sure to keep checking back in for all of our golden reviews and giveaways!!! Good luck!
My dog and I would love the Small dog collar deco
I think we’d like the Art Deco.
My Tuc would be proud to wear the LUCKY style dog collar. He is only 11 weeks old right now but his parents were big dogs so I don’t think he will be little for long.
What kind of dog is Tuc? How exciting to have a little puppy in the house!
My favorite is the Lucky style!
Oh my goodness! That Art Deco collar design is sooo fabulous! It would look especially great on my pup, but I’m sure everyone thinks that about their own dog, hah! 🙂
I think all of the pups would look great, they are stunning collars!
I liked the large tan with Sorcha on it.
Delilah has a ‘Coach’ collar that was given to us a few years back, so I’d choose one for Sampson. I would probably keep it simple and go with the Lucky design.
All of these collar ideas are so unique and adorbs!
We agree, they sure are cute!
i want the medium red leather collar for my pup charlie! 🙂
I would choose the Princess for Queenie — she would love this collar.
Not sure, I’d have to play around. I think I like the “Lucky” lettering the best.
I would need the small collar. I’d choose tan in art deco. Very nice collars!
Luci the rat terrier would love the art deco collar. Have you ever thought about lasering owner contact info on the collar? Luci likes to wander,she will run across the underground fence yelping to get a squirrel and then won’t come home. She doesn’t like the jingly tags and although she is chipped- wouldn’t it be easier if she wandered 3 blocks and our phone number was easily readable?
Linda, this collar does have the contact information in it! It is amazing. Go to the Ruha website and test out their product builder! You will love it!
I really like the red Art Deco style collar for my dog denali he is a siberian husky
I like the lucky style but I would choose to engrave the word “ADOPT ME” because this collar would go to my foster dog!
I would love the Art Deco style for my two dogs.
I WOULD LOVE THIS FOR MY DOG
My dog would be proud to wear the deco collar.
The “Lucky” style is pretty 🙂
I would probably get the art deco style.
I have 4 dogs, and would love to have 1 of these collars for 1 of them
I like the Spike font!
I like the lucky dog collar, but I think we are the luckyones.
I really like the Princess collar.
My Curious George Beast Mode would like the Spike
I like the Art Decco collar!